Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:57:43 -0800
OK, y'all . . . I'm back in business with my "hotmail" account and
spoke with my other vets' office about Phoebe and the Biaxin / Amoxi /
Carafate / Pepcid A/C combo and here's what the vet decided:

My Phoebe is taking .10 mL Prednisolone 2x/day for insulinoma in addition
to the Pepcid AC/carafate/Amoxi combo for the helicobactor and related
ulcers.  Based on the info. I gave to them about Phoebe's symptoms,
eating habits, bowel movements, and most frequent times of teeth
grinding, they decided to up the Pred to .20 mL 2x/day rather than add
more medicine to treat the ulcer(s), thinking that the discomfort is a
result of something related to the insulinomas, not ulcers & bacteria.

Now, I should expect to also see Phoebe's appetite increase and maybe
she'll even want to eat on her own when I'm not there to feed her during
the day.

So I'll be watching Phoebe over the next week to see if the grinding
stops and her appetite increases.  She's maintaining her weight of a
few ounces over 2 lbs. so obviously eating enough but there's obvious
discomfort when she IS eating.

Anyway, all for now.

Jennifer and the 3 Amigos  :- }