From:
Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 16 May 1994 17:14:16 -0400
Date:  16-May-94
From:  Susan Hoag [log in to unmask]
Subj:  Ferrets and snacks

Dear Ferret Lovers,

        Ryan recently asked about how excited was "excited" about a
food? I don't know if anyone else has had a ferret just love a
particular snack, but before I brought my first fuzzie home (her name
was Trouble) I had read that they like different kinds of fruits.  I
tried giving her several things, but the one she most obsessed about
was watermelon. In fact, one time I had made myself a huge fruit salad
(with lots of watermelon), then left the room to get a drink.  When I
came back about five minutes later, I found Trouble on top of the table
looking rather stuffed.  She had eaten *all* the watermelon out of my
salad!!! Needless to say, she became rather ill.  She spent the next
few minutes grunting, then the next few hours with her head hanging
over the side of her litter pan. I guess I should be grateful that she
knew where to be sick, but I still felt awfully sorry for her.  That
didn't spoil her appetite for the stuff, either.  She kept right on
eating it, just not as much at one time.

        I'm a new subscriber to the FML and have enjoyed each issue
so far! It's such a great idea! I look forward to the next issue!

Susan.