From:
Lisa Cruz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 09:39:10 -0500
>On Wednesday, may 17, [log in to unmask] posted:
>I think that before you give a shelter $, you should be certain thats it's
>going to the ferret's, not for beer or drugs or something.  I had some
>problems with a couple of shelter women that made me think that they
>couldn't care for ferrets properly, since they are so mean and ignorant,
>and admit to taking drugs and drinking, on the ferret newsgroup.  I don't
>think drug addicts should own any pet's.  There is proof of this on deja...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to whoever [log in to unmask] is, who
posted about the pot heads and ferrets, and told us where to find the
thread....I was rolling on the FLOOR, I was laughing and giggling so much
as I read through the thread...

HELLO, whoever you are!!!!  What century do you come from?  *** admits her
pot smoking days were LONG AGO....do you think she has brain damage from
that OR WHAT???  If so, I would imagine that 95% of this list do as well!!!
Gee,am I actually earning the salary and perks I get as a computer analyst,
or am I floating through life on a retro-20 year old buzz...?

Think about it...but seriously, I do thank you for the post...I needed a
good laugh.  Come on people, isn't it hard enough getting people to take
an interest in taking care of their ferrets?  I am truly ashamed that
vindictiveness like this is floating around on the FML..  A person just
subscribing would think this is a board for mudslinging and re-hashing of
old vendettas, instead of a venue for education, humor, and a sharing of
interests in ferrets.  .I thought the stated primary purpose of the FML was
to educate people about ferrets...not to show how hateful we can be...?

Lisa and The Enchantment Of Ferrets

PS I am NOT ashamed to put my name on my posts because I stand behind my
convictions, and welcome any and all to flame me/praise me/whatever...cuz
guess what?  I know exactly where the "delete" button is on MY keyboard!
what about you, [log in to unmask]