From:
Michael Curry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 13:27:09 +1000
Hi,

Have a problem with some ferrets.  We own almost 40 ferrets of various ages
and also operate a ferret shelter for ferrets in the Victoria area of
Australia.  4 days ago one ferret, a vasectomised male, 2 years old, died
suddenly.  We found his contorsed body in his cage with around 20 mls of
blood that had come from his nose.  We did a PM on the ferret (I am also a
vet nurse) and found that the ferret had completely bled out into his lungs
etc.  His liver looked abnormal but we were unable to locate any tumours or
other obvios problems.  We dismissed it as a once off.

Today we found another ferret in exactly the same way.  This was an entire
twelve month old male, who had been seperated from the other male for the
past 5 weeks.

I have sent off his body to Pathology and am awaiting a result.

If anyone out there has any information or experience with anything similar
to this, or has any ideas, could they please let me know.  The first ferret
was slightly snuffly for a few weeks earlier, the second ferret was very
healthy.

please respond via EMail if possible as I have almost no time to read
through the lists at the moment.

Thanks for your help.

Michael Curry, President- Ferret PAWS Inc.