From:
Francine Prager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2008 23:37:10 -0400
Hello, Everyone,

We have made a mistake and are sorry if you might have been misled.

David Gaines, our symposium speaker on legislative issues, did NOT
get ferrets legalized in Washington, DC. What he did do, however, was
bring to the attention of the ferret world (and everyone else, for
that matter) the fact that the DC Board of Health, Division of Animal
Disease Prevention issues exemption permits on a case by case basis and
they are no longer enforcing their ferret ban. David had nothing to do
with the Board of Health adopting this permit procedure...but he did
let everyone know about it!

So, while ferrets are still illegal in Washington, DC ferret ownership
has been 'decriminalized'.

Sorry for the wrong information.

Francine

Francine Prager
International Ferret Congress
http://www.ferretcongress.org

The 2008 International Ferret Symposium
will be held at the Holiday Inn Pittsburgh (Pa)
Airport on November 7-9, 2008
Won't you join us?