From:
Chris Haas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1993 00:17:27 -0400
Re: Coco and the (gross) travelling problem.

I have a small travel case, and I have converted a kleenex
box into a litter box.  I have a large male and 2 females and
they will all use it.  I cut off the top of the kleenex box
(this is one where kleenexes come out of the top not the top
and side).  I also needed to support it better so it wouldn't
be tipped over, so I glued a piece of cardboard on the bottom
extended outward - that probably doesn't make sense.  You have
this kleenex box that is in the cage - let me see if I can
draw a diagram...

        |                               *****************|
        |  The darker part is the       *********       *|
        |  extra cardboard support      *********       *|
        |  and the clear rectangle      *********       *|
        |  is where the kleenex         *********       *|
        |  box litter box goes.         *********       *|
        |                               *********       *|
        |                               *********       *|
        |                               *********       *|
        |                               *********       *|
        |  <-- FRONT OF CAGE            *********       *|
        |                               *****************|

It works great for me.  I put a plastic bag over it, rubber band it
around the kleenex box and fill it with litter.

Good luck!

Also, I got some clear plastic tubing for my kids.  They love it!
Its fun for me too!  I got it at a plastics distributor (see Plastics
in the Yellow Pages).  Look for the cheapest, lowest quality (this
stuff is expensive).  I would say 3-4" diameter (3" for extra small
female ferrets and 4" for large male ferrets).

Chris.

frequently seen ROFL with the MAO added :-)

Some of these abbreviations seem to be more common in some groups than
others, on misc.kids we use a lot of YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary),
IMHO (In My Humble Opinion), and IMNSHO (In My Not So Humble Opinion).

                                *Tigger*