From:
Shari Diane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 1995 11:55:30 -0500
8pm Wednesday nite.
The Girls were playing in/out of the balcony.
Decided to retrieve the mail from the box on the corner.
Leave the 2nd floor apartment, pulling the heavy metal door to, but
not fully connected, as usual when 'popping out' for a sec.
Return to apartment.
Telephone rings.  Dad wants to go into a structural engineering
lecture regarding the home I am considering purchasing.
Look for The Girls while on phone.  No sign of Chipper.
Squeak toy time. (She will come to it even from a *deep* sleep).
Squeak.
"Dad - I gotta go.  Can't find Chipper." (He ignores me, continues
talking.)
Squeak, squeak.
"Dad - I gotta go.  Can't find Chipper." (He ignores me, continues
talking.)
Squeak, squeak, squeak.
Squeak, squeak, squeak, SQUEAK!  ("_Goodbye_ Dad.")
Now I'm a panicked Mommy = <
Look in all sofas, bed lining, balcony, closets, etc.
Squeak, squeak, squeak, SQUEAK!
Begin to cry, pray, beg for her to appear.
Hear someone at the door, assume the SO left his key in the car
again.
Open door.
Chipper! (flash of sable running to sofa...)

This event is for those of us who need constant reminders on a
fuzzies cunning/creativity/sneakiness.  I fail to mention she does
not _currently_ where a collar with bell.  Both girls _will_ in the
new home.  Thanks for allowing me to relieve some of my guilt.