From:
"Christine Herman-- Ms. Ferret Lover" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 08:50:50 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:
>Hello Christine.  Glad to hear about sophie doing a war dance.  How many
>ferret do you have?  I have five myself and just received my fifth one
>two weeks ago.  Just introduced him to my crew and have to train him to
>get along with them or he will be set free separately.  Good luck
>
>Jimmy

hi jimmy-- i am sure your new ferret will find his/her place in the pack
in a matter of time- you really do not have to train them to get along-
sometimes you have to just let them kick butt on each other ( lol) to
establish who is who and who fits in where-- you can intervene if it gets
really ugly..my first ferret Cookie was queen of the house- and ran it like
a sargent major- and when ever i would get a new ferret or a rescue here
she would drag it by the scruff and drag the newbie under the couch to her
lair--- for about 2 weeks before they worked it out- and they always did--

Cookie never got really agressvie - she just did not have much of a sense
of humor when it came to other weasels messing with her stuff..but in the
end they would all end up a sleeping cozy weasel ball in the hammock-- Now
i have Weeds, Arthur< Pooky<Fenster<Brody ( head honcho)- and now little
Sophie.  Sophie made a giant stride last night towards getting well and
being whole again.  The gang here are basically free roamers- i only cage
them at night, but i have been letting Sophie free roam in my bedroom all
night being as it is hard to keep her seperate due to her fear..well last
night she managed to climb on my bed ( a serious accomplishment) and she
woke me up about a dozen times- She sat on my chest and gave me weasel
kisses and would not quit it !!- she also slept with me under the blanket
when not busy with the kissing-lol--

now this is a ferret who a month and a half ago cringed from the slightest
touch or contact with anyone due to the abuse she suffered-- and would
tremble with fear if i held her-- so i say WAY TO GO SOPHIE !- and i am
so happy that she is beginning to feel alive again..

Peace,christine