From:
Mary Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 22:30:53 EDT
>have asked my doctor to give me some allergy medicine but I think I
>need a second opinion because she just tells me I need to get rid of the
>ferrets.  Does anyone have this same problem and if so do you take any
>allergy medicine I can tell my doctor to give me a prescription for?

Hi Kathy ~

I'm not sure if allergists up here do this or not, but where I lived and
worked in Texas they did.  Have the allergist go to your house and get a
bit of the ferret dander.  He can then work up a remedy for you and do
injections from it.  The allergist I worked with was older and was always
going to someone's house to get pet dander.  You may have to call around
to find someone who knows how to do it.  But, it's a way to keep your
pets.

Warmly ~
Mary
Herbalist