From:
Ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 09:51:27 -0000
I received a sticker today which a lady said she had found under her car
windscreen wiper when she was on a shopping trip in West London.

The slogan reads:-

        A FERRET IS FOR
           CHRISTMAS
         NOT FOR LIFE

on the right of the slogan is a cartoon 'ferret' - well what is supposed
to be a ferret.

What I find strange is that two other ferret welfares / rescues have also
received copies of this sticker from the same lady.  Just how many did she
find stuffed under her windscreen wipers?

The owner of one welfare has passed on the letter and sticker he received
to an RSPCA Inspector who was horrified and who will be making
investigations as just who is distributing this appalling stuff.

I have heard of a computer game that has a ferret as a sort of hero -
could the two be linked?  Has anyone any ideas about this possible sick
advertising campaign, is it linked?

--
Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare & N.F.W.S. News Editor.