From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:42:12 -0400
 From the ASPCA Advocacy Center:
>For more information about New Jersey Animal Cruelty Law Pocket Cards,
>please click here to send an email to [log in to unmask]

This is a pocket card with the NJ laws designed to protect animals.  It
is made for police, animal control officers, those investigating abuses,
etc. and is available to clubs and individuals.

There is also a pdf but try as I could the addy linking to the pdf kept
disappearing before I could copy it, so search for that combo to see if
you can find it.

They are supposed to have it later on
https://secure2.convio.net/aspca/site/Advocacy?
page=UserActionInactive&id=927

In NJ remember that we have laws that make pet stores provide vet care
when needed and to cover vet care soon after sale if they sell a sick
animal.  For NJ this is followed up by the non-game division of FG&W, the
same governmental department from which you buy your inexpensive annual
ferret permits, or your breeders, shelters, and other special permits.
This department has done a lot for ferrets over the years, even
testifying to the safety of ferrets when some towns have tried to outlaw
them.  Our Health Dept's Public Health Vets in charge of rabies
precautions have also been excellent that way.  I think that the
follow-ups for abuses are still being done from the farm location.
Here are the contact details for FG&W:
Hedgehaven Farm in Hampton 1-908-735-5450 (store follow-ups, special
permits) Trenton Office (most permits) 1-609-984-0839

I can't recall what we paid for this year but think it is currently $15
per household for non-breeders/non-shelters.