From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 11:19:28 -0400
Steve and I went to Anne's portion of Fuzztek yesterday and brought home a
tiny girl.  We're waiting to see her personality before giving her a name.
Now we are a 6-pack.  Seven was just too many back when we had that many
but five was too easy for us, and after so long nursing we needed someone
younger -- so young with some rough spots behind her was just right all
around.  We DO know that she gets car-sick but Opps-a-Daisy doesn't make it
as a name <G>!  I'll give Steve at least 2 months to find a name since he's
VERY particular on that score.

OH, Anne has a elderly albino ferret with a face EXACTLY like Warp's; this
little girl has gotten past some near-death situations and is now known to
have at least 7 years plus behind her (maybe more) but she's in marvelous
shape, with good muscularity, and doesn't really look her years.  We hope
Warpie looks just as wonderful in three years and over.  That princess is
her's, though.  Another of Anne's own has a silly striped tail.  There are
other magnificent ferrets there waiting for homes, though.  The Ryans keep
them happy and in great shape.  We had a number to select among, and it was
really hard till this little girl came out and I fell head over heels in
love.  If you are in N.J.  or nearby Anne mentioned the need for adoptive
homes just a few days ago so I suspect she won't mind me talking about it
again <G>!

Do you have questions about your vets' expertise, or want to be prepared,
or need to know about ulcers, helicobacter, megasplenaly, cardiomyopathy,
skin tumors, behavior, litter training, introductions, marking, carpet
digging, shots, ferret natural history, etc.?  Go to
http://www.ferretcentral.org
Steve and I have had ferrets for over 15 years and we consider this to be
the single most helpful ferret site out there.  We re-read it on a regular
basis as a refresher.  If you haven't been there, but you love ferrets then
you will want to go there ASAP and bookmark it for your future.  (Besides,
you can also download the Medical FAQs from it to give to your vet so that
your vet will be informed beforehand with common problems, and you can
download other aspects for other non-profit uses.  Pam Greene does an
incredible job with that site and top-notch vets have provided info any
ferret-adoring vet will appreciate.)

Sam, you are right.  You vet sounds very committed.  Know a little thing
our vet office does?  They let us bring in our ferrets some times just for
hugs so that they don't associate the hospital with only tough things.
I'll bet others can mention things they like a lot about their vets!!!!!

Sukie