From:
Phyllis Berker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 1995 14:51:50 -0500
Peter -
I lost one of my little female ferrets Friday night too, and believe me, I
know the heartbreak.  It's not the first time I've gone through this, since
I've had pet ferrets for a number of years and have suffered through each
loss.  Honey was half-sister to my other ferret Rosie. She was, and Rosie is
7 yrs. old.  They were both born just five days apart, but were more like
twins in many ways. I had to identify them by looking at their nose markings.
Honey had insulinoma, and she was starting to have some real discomfort and
respiratory problems Friday evening, so I just couldn't wait until Sat.
morning to take her to the vet.  So just know Peter that we all can certainly
empathize with you in your loss.  You're not alone, and I send along my
sympathies to you.  Time soothes the grief, and the result will be sweet
memories which time will hold for you.