From:
Chet Duda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 01:57:39 -0500
I'm not sure if this is appropriate for the list or not but I need to ask
some people that are rather knowledgable about ferrets.  I've been debating
about setting up a boarding kennel around the Hudson, WI, area.  I believe
that a place where small animals can be boarded is something new and may
have a place in this area (around the MN Twin Cities).

What I would like is for people to send me any ideas they may have in what
they would like to see in a place where they can bring their fuzzheads for a
weekend or week of vacation time.  I've thought of creating a room for the
carpet sharks to play in during the day but also keep them in cages when
unsupervised.  I would need the cages also to keep ferrets from different
households seperated.  Not knowing what ferts have or have not been exposed
to ECE and other various viruses that they can carry the play room would
need to be "hosed down" between playtimes of ferts from different
households.

I would appreciate any input that may come from everyone on the list.  I
know that people who run shelters would be able to give me some ideas on
housing the little ones and maybe disinfecting techniques.  I'd also like to
hear from others who own ferts and may like to use a facility such as this.

Please keep in mind that I haven't made up my mind to do this or not!  I'm
simply looking for input in order to help me make up my mind.

Brenda and the four in the would be diningroom if we didn't have so many
animals