From:
Kylie Preisig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 02:14:44 -0800
I was watching the news this evening and there was an article about a
ferret.  The ferret had been confiscated by a police officer (ferrets are
illegal in Queensland) and escaped from a cardboard box in the police car.
It bit the police office on the penis, causing great hilarity amongst his
colleagues and the media.

It's being kept at a Queensland Parks and Wildlife refuge.  It looked like
they know what to do with it - it's being fed dead baby rats, and the
officer said they had ferrets before.  But it will probably be put down,
depending on a court case against it's owner.

I'd like to try and save the ferret.  I'm going to call the Parks and
Wildlife tomorrow, and see if some arrangement can be made to get the
ferret into a state where ferrets are illegal.  If there is anyone who
would like to help please let me know.

Online articles are at
http://thecouriermail.com.au/common/story_page/0,2294,293044%255E3102,00.html

http://www.ten.com.au/webCh10/Admin/NewsSport/NewsSport/
viewnewssport.asp?NewsID=4506

If you can't see the text on the ten page, select it with the mouse.  But
where did they get that wildlife "expert"???

Kylie
ferret freedom fighting in Queensland
Australia