From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 15:13:14 -0400
I have been meaning to post this for awhile but it has slipped my mind.
In receiving the remains of my sweet Sadie today, I have been remined.

I know there are FML members that live in the Tampa/St. Pete area of
FL & there will be a time when you may want the services of a good
crematory.  I can whole heartly recommend Pinellas Memorial Pet
Cemetery & Crematory, located actually in Pinellas Park.

I had used them some years ago when I lived in St Pete on a couple of
dogs.  After moving north to Pasco Co, when the occasion came up I used
one that was recommended by vets both in Pinellas Co & Pasco Co.  These
people go around to the offices of vets to pick up pets for cremation.
Will be glad to tell you who if you write me.

Because I have a good sized Memorial box I don't want to purchase urns,
I just ask for the ashes back.  They come back usually in a white hard
plastic box.  I then take the baggie of ashes out & put them in the
Memorial box.  Naturally I notice the ashes.  I cannot say any 2 have
been the same.  The consistancy of the ashes has always been different,
ranging from color to size of bone pieces.  Even the amount has been
different.  A small girl could come back with more ashes than a larger
male.  Which I believe is due to the fact that I am not getting the ashes
of my pet back.  Once the ashes came back in a urn that I didn't order.
The urn was the same size of that that had one of my Schnauzers in it,
with about the same amount of ashes in it.  They insisted that it was my
ferret but took it back to change from the urn to the plastic box.  When
they came back there was a lot less ashes.

I started taking ferrets to Pinellas Memorial.  They do individeul
cremation & they make sure that you get the ashes of your pet back.
The color, consistancy & amount has remanied the same over quite a few
ferrets.  This other business that picks up remains from vet offices
charges from $60 to $80 seems to change from day to day.  You can also
bring your pet to them which is cheaper than if it is picked up at a vet
office.  To have this go through a vet I have paid about $145.00.  When
you have a lot of pets you have to consider the cost of cremation along
with everything else.

Pinellas Memorial charges $25.00 for individuel cremation.  And a big
plus is that if you don't live nearby, they will ship the ashes to you
for a additional $5.00.  You can call ahead & ask when someone will be
there so you can drop your pet off.  If you get there before they start
in the morning, you can usually pick the ashes up that afternoon.  Having
the right ashes come back means a lot to me & I am sure to you.  I would
not recommend a place that I didn't believe did this.  When it comes to
something like this you usually have to have faith that you are getting
your pet back, since you are not there when this is done.  The ashes
speak for themselves in deciding that one place is not giving me the
ashes of my pet back.  I do realize that it is possible that the heat &
length of time in the furnace may have something to do with this, but I
simply don't believe it.  If anyone wants the address &phone number of
Pinellas Memorial I will be glad to give it to anyone who askes.
Btw--they also send a "Certificate of Cremation" back with the ashes.

I live about 2+ hours away from them & the drive there is worth it
knowing I am getting my pets ashes back.

Lynn & Clan War Weasels