From:
Shirley Larsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 05:36:51 -0700
Hi everyone,

I am assuming that the doors that Anna needs to keep open are normal size
doors.

Here is what I have done.  Use 2 foot lengths of quarter round to make a
slot for a thin piece of plywood.  The quarter round can be fastened with
finishing nails which leave a very small and easily mended hole.  Cut the
plywood to fit the door opening and slide into the slot.  Mine is only 2
feet high.  This allows me to step over relatively easily.  Since one of
my fuzzbutts can get over it, I have cut a 3" diameter piece of pcv
(pvc?) pipe along its length and put it over the top of the plywood.  The
little critter just can't get a grip on the pipe.  I am sure you could
use a smaller diameter pipe.  I just usually do a little over kill.

I you want it to look really nice, paint the quarter round and plywood
the same color as the woodwork.

Hope this helps.

Shirley, Dunkin', Journey, Slick, Loki, Olivia and Mocha