From:
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 15:53:11 -0500
Hello my friends!  It's been a crazy week at the shelter.  One of
mommie's sea horses died on Monday.  His name was Thorn.  She's really
sad but he's up here with me and swimming and playing in the sea pool.
mommie wanted me to thank Dr. Karen for having a look at him.

The shelter took in quite a few kids this week.  Bevo came to them in a
funny way.  A lady was walking home passed a construction site and Bevo
spotted her.  Knowing that she was a human, and wanting to be saved from
living under the debris, he began to chase the lady.  The lady panicked
and ran all the way home, Bevo in toe.  She shut her front door in poor
Bevo's face and called the shelter.  Auntie Paige went out at midnight
to collect him and giggled when she saw how sweet and loving this little
ferret boy is.

Pistachio and Soda came tot he shelter because their owners were angry
that they destroyed a leather sofa.  mommie was quite angry about it, but
was glad they were with her rather than people who wouldn't let them out
of a cage because of a silly, replicable sofa.

Then Drake came in.  He was left in a tiny little rat cage for all of his
life.  He's having trouble walking because of it.  Mommie & auntie Paige
are sure he'll come around once he has some time to move about freely.
He's very scared of humans and will bite once in a while.  i know he'll
get over that too as long as mommie keeps kissing him <yuck!>.  He's also
not "fixed" so this will happen over the next couple of weeks, after he
settles in and calms down.

Finally the shelter took in Josh.  His owner's grandma was tired of him
so she kicked him onto the streets.  A nice relative walking by spotted
Josh wondering the streets and took him in until auntie Paige to go and
get him.

i am happy to report that Boddington is finally off all medications and
feeling great!  Boddington was so happy with the news that he did a mini
war dance for Dr Gancz, it was so cute.  The shelter will be watching him
closely though just in case the nasty bacteria flares up again.  He will
be going back to Guelph for a recheck in a month.

Our Barbie is back to her old self again.  Despite her disabilities she
insists on climbing cages, the problem is she only knows how to climb up
so we have to watch her very closely when she out and about so she
doesn't fall.

Our little Addie is finally starting to feel better.  She still very
thin and has a long way to go but at least she is starting to eat on her
own and play a bit.  ECE & Rota really knocked her out.  Auntie Olympia's
Sonja is doing much better too.  Her and Addie have been on a similar
path since all of this started in October.  Please continue to keep Addie
& Sonja in your thoughts.

Kaie, Pogue and Spirit have gone to High Park to get neutered.  This
means that they will be ready for adoption soon.  Don't tell Vennora,
Andra, and Skye but they are next.  They go in to get spayed on
Wednesday.  Our little babies our growing up so fast!

Must run, love to all, Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society
"For The Love of Our Fuzzy Friends"
www.ferretaid.org