From:
"Bostrom, Michael A" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 13:55:55 -0800
Howdy,

My Pomeranian, Marco Hairball, has come a long way from the timid little dog
he was when I first introduced him to the weezils.  He used to climb up me
and sit on my shoulder to get any from the ferrets(not an easy feat for a
dog).  Now he is more at ease with the furry little terrors.  In fact, I
believe he thinks he is a ferret.  His latest fiasco involves food.  Since
he thinks he's a ferret, he likes ferret food so much more than his boring
old dog food.  Well, lately I noticed I had to fill the ferrets bowl, which
is inside the cage, more often than normal.  I didn't think too much of it
at the time as all the ferrets seemed happy and healthy.  At about the same
time, I was getting worried about Marco because he was hardly eating
anything.  I was close to taking him to the vet, when happened to be
watching Marco from another room.  The little butthead had realized he could
fit his little Pomeranian paws through the bars of the cage and dig some
ferret food out.  That answered both of my problems.  Dog eats ferret food
instead of dog food.

I didn't have time to remedy the problem that day, but in the middle of the
night I realized this was causing strife between the species.  I awoke to
the sound of Marco growling(which is an amusing sound because at one time he
had been de-barked and the vocal cords have since partially healed).  I
turned on the light and there was Marco and Insanity staring each other down
through the bars of the cage.  Marco would try to dig out some food and
Insanity, being presented with one of his favorite snacks(namely Pomeranian
paws) would nip at the dog's feet.  This annoyed Marco to no end and he was
growling and having fits (there are few things more hilarious than a Pom
having a fit, especially multiple fits).  So in order to keep the peace and
preserve Marco's and Insanity's sanity, I was up at 2:00 in the morning
attaching cardboard to the ferrets cage.  Now Marco's not speaking to me
because he can't get to the ferret food.  Kids!!

May your dogs be doggy & your ferrets be ferrety,
Limejello & The Weezils of Doom

"Duct tape is like the force--there is a light and a dark side and it
holds the universe together"