From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 16:06:50 -0500
Yawn.  Yaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn... Opps, sorry, I was just reading one of
those "Le'me scare the begebbers out of the newbies."/flame-baiting posts.
Such things are historically so repetitive that I can barely keep my eyes
open.  This was no different.  Perked up for Pam's logical and
straightforward letter, though, and was grinning such a sappy smile even
before I finished reading Scott's truly beautiful letter.  Let's also not
forget that when folks were asked about the rare ferrets which live nine
years or longer that the happy oldsters were from all sorts of places
(including MF) and that the group had both early neuters and late neuters.
(Nor should we forget that I had a letter wing in then from a model friend
in Europe <G> planely (bad pun) saying that most of their ferrets have the
same typical lifespans (late in the 6th year to early in the 8th) as the
ones here have.) Oh and while we're remembering things: most adrenal growths
are benign neoplasias, NOT cancer, there is always surgery, the vena cava
has been ligated successfully by veterinary surgeons, there are also meds,
and even when ferrets do have adrenal cancers a number of those are not
lympho but another form which tends to be so well encapsulated that surgery
is totally curative.  So, if you or your vet is new to ferrets just know
that adrenals respond well to treatment usually; meanwhile, the Morris
Animal Foundation knows that these are among the more common ferret problems
and will have standard ferret problems in mind when their reviewers look at
health grants to fund to help our furries live long, happy lives.

For the longest while our ferrets just ignored Cheweasel, but a couple of
weeks ago the entire bunch went crazy over it, and we just do not believe
the job these things have done of cleaning their teeth!  It's marvelous!!!!

Sukie