From:
John Rosloot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2009 16:11:35 -0600
Pandora's had insulinoma for about a year now. She had surgery for it
last year but in recent months it's been getting worse. She's been on
high doses of pred to control it. Yesterday she went in for a second
surgery. The surgery turned out to be more involved than we expected.
We removed a fair bit of diseased tissue from her pancreas and even
part of her bowel. It was no surprise that she needed such strong meds
to keep it under control and even so she had been going downhill. If
she had pulled through the surgery probably would have helped a lot,
but it was too much for her. She died in her sleep today around 2:00.

She would have been 8 in May. Today she's just 2 months shy of being
the oldest ferret I've ever had.

Today would also have been Tommy's 7th birthday if he had lived. Not
a good day today, ferret-wise.

I'm now without ferrets for the first time in almost 17 years.

--
John Rosloot, technical analyst
Dept. of Computing Services, University of Regina