From:
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 1996 22:02:15 -0800
>From:    Dj Sures <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Rabies Vaccine

Since you live in Canada information given is not exactly right.  The ONLY
vaccines approved by the USDA are Imrab-3 for rabies and Fervac-D for canine
distemper.  We don't know the Canadian situation exactly.  We think it was
mentioned that the Canadians usually go along with the US on these topics.
There was a second approved rabies vaccine but it was withdrawn because of
reactions (one might take notice that vaccines are pulled when there are too
many reactions and feel better about the reputed problems with Fervac).
Imrab-3 is a vaccine approved for dogs and cats as well so it does not need
to be special ordered and used only for ferrets.  If its a cost thing maybe
you could offer to make up the difference in cost between Imrab and whatever
is used and the Imrab can be used on the other animals as well.  Much less
costly than buying a whole case yourself I'm sure.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]