From:
dooknook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2009 08:57:04 -0500
Hello everyone,

It seems like it's taken forever but my vet, Dr. John Rossi in
Jacksonville, FL has been writing a book for what seems like years.
Actually it has been quite a few years with his hectic schedule. I
know he must have been pretty annoyed with my repeated question "Is
the book finished yet" on each vet visit or phone call. It's been
hard to wait for the website and online store to be finished to let
FML'ers know about it.

What's Wrong With My Ferret is a small, affordable reference on ferret
first aid and emergencies with information that can be found quickly
if or when the need arises. I think it's a book all of us should keep
handy and read over and over again. I've been very fortunate over the
years to have access to excellent ferret knowledgeable vets and Dr.
Rossi has been our shelter vet for 10 years now. He's provided
wonderful care for our kids and too many times would say I was always
bringing him a challenge. Dr. Rossi says I've taught him things but
he's taught me so much in his willingness to make sure I fully
understand an illness, to draw diagrams to help me understand and
to show me pictures he's taken during a surgery or procedure. Living
with ferrets 24/7 is a little different than seeing them in a clinic
situation and as all shelters and long time ferret parents do, we have
learned many little tricks from each other over the years to nurse a
ferret through various illnesses/injuries. Perhaps some of these
"tricks" are what Dr. Rossi refers to that I and others have taught
him.

"What's Wrong With My Ferret?" is a series of books for our pets from
snakes to dogs and cats (the dog and cat books will be out soon).
"What's Wrong With My Ferret?" is a must in every ferret household
and a wonderful gift for any of us ferret lovers. The website is
http://www.whatswrongwithmy.net/index.html. Click on the ferret picture
and it will take you to information on "What's Wrong With My Ferret?" .
There's an online store that takes credit cards, PayPal and information
for mail order.

I really think everyone will find "What's Wrong With My Ferret a book
we'll all refer to.

Best to all, hoping this new year is a happy and healthy one for all
and our precious little ones.
Jackie
The Dook Nook
(closed for new intakes)