From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 08:56:35 EST
Re:lettuce and arsenic
>Right on that one, BIG - lettuce itself does not contain arsenic, it's the
>stuff sprayed on it.  This is one of the main reasons all veggies should be
>washed before eating them.  The other biggie is avoiding the spread of
>disease from soil contamination.

Although organic vegetables should still be washed off as well, I would
suggest them to anyone concerned about the chemical contaminents from
pesticides, fertilizers, etc.  on their veggies or veggie treats for the
fur-kids.  It's a great choice for you, the environment, and the small
growers/businesses putting out the produce.

Re: Redwall Books
In catching up reading a week+ of FML's, I noticed some discussion of Brian
Jacques' Redwall books.  Someone must not have know about _The Outcast of
Redwall_ when they said what the latest Redwall book.  It just came out w/in
the last month or two.  You can't miss it.  It has a fert on the cover!  ;)

Re: Spring is Here!
The kids have been 10 times more fiesty than normal lately.  They know
spring is in the air!  (Probably because we have been blessed lately with
quite a few of those rare sunny days in Rochester, NY.) They have been
playing at Warp speed lately, intead of just running on Impulse power.
We've had WarDancing and Dooks galore lately.  (My feet hate this time of
the year- nip-nip-play-with-me-nip!) Anybody else "suffering" the effects of
Spring yet?  :D

-kim, squirt (lord of the jungle), pippi (she-devil of the jungle),
 atlas (the strong), and 'jinx (quick of tooth)

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]    |<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.