From:
Victoria Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:24:47 -0500
Hello, All night I have been sitting in the ferret room watching my cage
full of sleeping ferrets.  I have been sitting there praying that my babies
will get up to do their poopies!!!  NOT A CHANCE.  Here is what happened.

My ferrets have their own room but twice a day for about an hour or more
they have free run of the upstairs where the offices and the bedrooms are.
Tonight after they all had went back to their cage I went on my usual poop
detail.  To see what presents were left behind!  In the bathroom in the
corner was a little pile of mucous poop.  Mostly mucous.  I have no idea
which one was responsible for this.  None of them, I have four, have acted
sick in any way.  They all ran and played as usual.

I am a new ferret mom.  So I am a complete panic about this.  Chances
are they will get up and poop and I won't see them.  I read so much about
"poopies" on this board (and other boards) and it is usually connected
with something bad.  What should I watch for?  What could it be?  Blockage,
infection, ????????

I am a little concerned about their diet.  I got some Totally Ferret quiet
a while ago.  Alicia advised that since I couldn't get them to eat it
that perhaps I could mix the Iams and 8in1 with the Totally Ferret in an
airtight container so the flavors would mix.  Great idea!  Well...I have
been doing that but they aren't real thrilled with it.  They really seem
to want to eat my cat food which would not be good for them.  So... I have
moved it to the downstairs kitchen so they can't get to it.  Each night
they beg for their treats which I give them.  For treats they are getting a
yogurt drop and 8in1 Fruit mix.  They always seem to scarf down their
treats but pick at the real food.  They are eating their food but not as
much as I think they should.  Anyway, I am sorry this is so long.  I am all
sad and worried about the fuzzies and I hope I have given you guys enough
info that somebody can tell me something!  Thanks bunches, Victoria

Have a Moment? Take a Peek!
<http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Farm/2610/>