From:
LvMyPhzBtt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:09:11 -0500
Hello everyone!
My name is Dee, and I've been a member of FML for a few years, now.
Lately I mostly lurk, but I DO read.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm in my second semester of college
after being away from school for 20+ years.  I'm mom to 11 fur kids,
mostly from shelters between NY, NJ, PA and FL.  A few of them are hard to
adopt ferrets (blind, deaf, blind & deaf, needing meds, biters, you get
the picture).  Some have been abandoned by their original human parents.

I'm going to ask a favor of the ferret community today.  I try to fit
ferrets into my class assignments whenever possible (my teachers roll
their eyes and laugh).  I have to write an essay for my English
Composition class about something I feel strongly about.  Having
volunteered in several shelters, and reading FML and other newsgroups and
bulletin boards, I am aware of the aspects with animal abandonment on
small and large scales.  I am aware of the burden this puts on shelters
across the country.  I am aware of the stress and depression that follows
for the animal being abandoned.  What I am asking for is stories from
shelters and private owners with regards to abandoned ferrets or any
animals (I know some of you shelter more than one type of animal) that I
can use for reference in my essay.  This essay will not be published.
It is strictly a class assignment.  I will change names for those of you
who request it.  I just really want to make an impact on my class with
regards to a subject that I DO feel strongly about.  Perhaps this essay
will follow them far beyond their college years.

I hope some of you will respond to my request.  You can write me at

Thanks in advance.

Warmest Regards,
Dee, Mooch, 'Spresso, Breezely Bruin, Charles, Dash, Vera, Good Will,
Havoc, Nala, Rudy and Sweet Pea.