From:
Jim Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2007 18:28:35 -0800
It's been over a week since our shelter has gone quite.

In one of the hardest decisions we have ever had to make, we decided to
basically close our shelter, due to health reasons among other things.

It has been so quite here in the house, although we still have personal
ferrets and some "permanent" special needs ferrets. I never thought it
would be so eerily quite in the house, even lonely

I wanted to thank several people that helped us out, and took some of
our healthier ferrets, and even a couple special needs kids who are
doing great with more personalized care...something that we couldn't
do working 85-90 plus hours each week.

I won't mention the names of these people that came to our aid,
they know who they are, and they know that they have our deepest
appreciation and our love for helping out. They have even found
homes for many of the ones they took in.

I would also like to thank people from all over the FML family that
offered to help. Caring people from Florida, to Michigan and all points
in between. Just goes to show that there are caring people left on this
list.

Then there are the ones that feel that they need to police the shelter
world, and offered to take in our ferrets, but wanted to know what our
intentions were for the future. They didn't care how hard this was on
us or the ferrets in our shelter, they just don't want us to operate in
the future, since someone had to bail us out.

So, for she who feels it is her responsibility to police shelters and
be the moral standard of people who give their all to help these little
creatures, all I have to say is...

To everyone else, thank you. Thank you for adopting our babies, thank
you for donating to our babies, thank you for the kind words when we
lost our babies and thank you for helping when we could no longer
provide for our babies.

Jim & Crystal

Ferret Rescue of Maine
A State licensed, 501c3 Non-profit shelter.
Donate to shelter ferrets by clicking
igive.com/from