From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 09:33:13 -0500
Giesela my 2.5 yr old female put on weight this winter for the first time.
I noticed the other day that behind her front legs she looked a bit like a
flying squirrel (sort of more skin there).  So I started looking and feeling
and found a lump behind each leg.  Obviously I'm going to call my vet (found
Sat night so calling today Monday).

Any ideas on whether these could be fat lumps?  I'm a little worried about
lymph nodes but don't even know where they are.  My vets doesn't really know
that much about ferrets so I'm hoping for some opinions/experience/advice to
discuss with him.

Mary, Boris and Giesela (and Booker the rescue Aussie dog)

P.S. As for the person who asked why we like weight on our ferrets.  Well I
cant answer for everyone but I like a little extra weight (not obesely fat
of course) in case they get sick.  When sick they seem to lose weight
rapidly and so I like a little extra (not that Boris has any) in case.

P.P.S. I have a grey squirrel in my back yard with really white ears!  He
also has white guard hairs on top of his paws.  Really sort of interesting
looking.