From:
Helga Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2008 09:37:15 -0800
Well....today my check went out to SOS in appreciation for the FML and
the FHL.

I often wonder how many people here ever close their eyes and really
think about how fortunate we all are to have these above resources ..
and... how it would be not to have them. I so often do when I go to
bed at night. Yet, we still don't say "thank you" often enough. Myself
on top of the list.

We fell in love with those little clowns in 1996. How my first ferrets
ever survived I'll never understand. We were so green!!

I will never forget.... right away our first adrenal surgery went sour
and a frantic call to Dr. Wardell (who's name I got through the FML but
lives on the other side of the country!) probably saved his life. And
it was through the FML we always found our next ferret knowledgeable
vets .

I learned fast from then on and some times still the hard way but
it was all through the FML,- Randy Belair's first Symposium ( such
informative lectures!) and later the FHL.

It was such a thrill to meet for the first time "Big" &Helen, the
famous Randy Belair , Bob Church, Dr.'s Williams and Purcell and all
the other ferret & shelter moms and Dads. This wouldn't have been
possible without the FML.

Every time I imagine not having had these resources I feel the heat
creeping up my throat. It would have been so sad for many ferrets.
Thanks to all of these we were able to save countless ferrets and give
them a good life.. but sadly....as you all know, even with all the
knowledge.. we haven't yet found a way to lessen the pain of loosing
them.

To the FML we can all come and talk about our fun's or sorrows...
whitout being called "mentally deranged" ferret people.

Bill, I hope that you are feeling a whole lot better by now and your
vet was able to give you enough Torb to keep you comfortable throughout
your ordeal :~)  We all did miss you- you know ! [I'm just about 100%
recovered, thanks. A bit of morphine at first, but really didn't need
much, nor for long :-)  Not that I'm not a wimp, but really, they did
a good job! BIG]

Thank you for all you have and still are doing for us and these
wonderful creatures. We do appreciate you so much even if we don't
say it often enough. Really, I don't know how you do it every day.

Now remember though what they always say; "Behind every good man stands
an even greater.......hm...... I mean a great women!" So, lets not
forget the boss! "Thank you too Helen for your constant support you
give Bill!" We love you both! :~)

To the Ferret Health List (I won't mention names here in fear of
missing some one) moderators, the veterinarians (thank you for all your
time that you spend for us) and all the people who contribute their
knowledge here every day, you really are so appreciated. Again, we
don't say it often enough "thank you all " I do know what it would be
like not having you !

To all the shelter Moms and Dads: "Thank you for loving and caring for
these little clowns.

To everyone here;
"Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a more Peaceful, Happy New Year!"

Don't forget to kiss your ferrets and keep them save throughout the
Holidays!

Helga C
(The one who's motor runs on ferret kisses)

[Moderator's wife's note: Thank you Helga. We miss you -- can't wait
to see you again. BIG. Or HLM. Or something like that...]