From:
Roberta Ensor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 22:22:29 EST
Thank you to everyone who has provided an easy to understand definition of
DOMESTICATED.

This one in particular has helped an awful lot:
>it means an animal (or plant) is under human control (feeding, breeding,
>housing, etc.) for a specific purpose (fur, milk, pets, steak, etc.) which
>has caused some change to make it more adapted to human intent or control
>(behavior, reproduction, size, fur characters, appearance, etc.).

This really answers something I have pondered for the last few years.  Why
are my ferrets easier to live with than my two teenagers?  Why??  By the
definitions provided, the ferrets are domesticated and the teenagers are
not!!  (lack of control, no specific purpose, certainly not adapted to
human intent or control at this age)

Now, do any of the rescues/shelters accept non-domesticated teenagers as
temporary fosters??  I would be willing to take them back when they are 35
and domesticated.

Hey Alicia!

>BUT I have to ask -- WHY is it your opinion the there are no domesticated
>ferrets in VT, NH, ME??  Is this a brand of ferret bigatry?  What a shemae
>and inna ferrets live free or die state to-- now I must tell them all to
>be wild animals!

Maybe people aren't aware that VT, NH, ME are part of the Union.  Our
little ones may be being mistaken for imports and that's why they are not
seen as domestic ones.

Roberta
Maine
Mr. Magoo, Bandit, Houdini (Hey Mom, maybe VT, NH, and ME secceded from the
Union like Texas and Alaska are always talking about doing and now we are
imports like those fancy beers!)