From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 02:19:56 -0500
It will be interesting to see if the person that placed the original
information regarding the McKay situation replies to Becki's post.

Ohioans - It is imperative that we have people from the State of Ohio
to support this and work with the county, state and whatever it takes
to put an end to these conditions at Mr. McKays.

I can not believe that this breeder has been in existence for all
these years and that there are many who seem to place their wants
ahead of the ferret conditions at this deplorable location.

It seems as if many of the people buy from Doug McKay on a regular
basis and these same people are not willing to take a stand for the
ferrets.

There are people out their that feel sorry for Mr. McKay. Lets face
it - no matter what his health is, it does not relate to the conditions
that the ferrets are living in. I am sure that his family will continue
to run this operation as he has,. That is all they have known and they
are in it to make money.

For those that continue to purchase ferrets from him and have done
so for many many years - shame on you! Years ago if he had not been
financially funded by individuals and groups then we would not be
where we are at this time.

There is no excuse for the horrid conditions.

I sincerely hope that we can all work together in a professional way to
put the ferrets first and personal wants second. Without the support of
the OHIOANS this is going to be almost impossible. (after all, he is
located in OHIO)

Do not think that I am pointing my finger at all of Ohio - this post is
just to say, how important their support is and it would be interesting
to know if it is there.

Also I would like to thank those that are working on this feverishly -
we need to continue - for the sake of these poor ferrets. (and minks)

Our engeries need to be spent on getting this situation under control,
not in fighting among ourselves.