Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2012 14:07:27 -0400
Saddens me makes complete sense. Yes, our economy sucks. Dog & cat
shelters do have a much larger base. Ferrets? Ferrets really don't.
I'm speaking from 44 years of animal control/shelter experience. Pets
seem to be the first item to be dumped. Cats, kiitens, mutts, puppies,
you name it. I've had ferrets left on my carport. I've had calls from
people who've found animals left at public trash dumps. Hoarders are
a shelter's nightmare. I've known & met hoarders. Sure, who doesn't
at first fall in love with a kit, a ferret? They are one of the few
animals who show how much they love to just live. The weasel war dance
is only one example. Then, whoops, that cuteness wears off. Or some
people are scared of an old, sick ferret. I understand why "saddens
me" posted as anonymous. So poop off, for those who had the gall to
complain. And, fyi, grocery store plastic bags make great toys. Yes,
any ferret should be kept under eye when out playing. I about peed
myself laughing when I saw one of my shelter kids casually walk
by, wearing a bag around his butt. God bless "saddens me". SOS has
been a Godsend for RFRL for years. Fundraing, donations & adoption
fees plus our own cash keeps us going. That & a wing & a prayer.

Very Sincerely,
Marlene Blackburn
Director of Richmond Ferret Rescue League