From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 23:02:23 -0400
The article also stated that it was JUST ONE DOSE of Lupron depot (monthly
version), and it was not given on a monthly or frequent basis after that
one dose.  Plasma hormones levels were measured before and 3 to 6 weeks
after that 1 dose.  This study was just to verify that the adrenal hormones
were lowered by Lupron depot.  Some of the ferrets had improvement for
up to 8 months after just ONE dose.  I agree with Dr Williams that this
product is for those nonsurgical cases, but when given on a frequent basis
it also does a good job of controling the clinical signs for a long time.
The article also states, "It is possible that repeated injections may
suppress clinical signs for prolonged periods..." which is what I have
seen in the past 3+ years of using Lupron on adrenal ferrets.

Jerry Murray, DVM