From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 08:55:20 -0400
Wednesdays Child has arrived! We have not seen the grace she is full
of-- just beans! But we are sure that will reveal itself in days to
come.

I want to heart fully thank the MSPCA Springfield worker who took
several hours of her day off to shuttle this un-socialized gal up to VT
where we met. Wednesday is a very scared little gal!

My guess is she was not allowed out of a cage. I suspect she is a
Christmas fallout ferret who languished before being discarded in a box
back at the pet shop almost 2 weeks ago. They in turn took her to the
SPCA.. She was so malnourished the first thought was to let her
peacefully go.... but they offered food and she began to eat and eat.
She has filled out remarkably in a short time. But her musculature is
very scant- she needs exercise to build her muscles.

Please meet Wednesday!

She is currently sprinting from place to place in the shelter room,
Austin & Blossom are out to show her around, she is accepting... but
very timid. You can see she has white toes, a white bib is lt chocolate
and has fiery ruby eyes that say-- don't mess with me!

I reached into her carrier at the transfer and offered her my hand
before picking her up. She immediately latched onto my left hand at the
base of the thumb and wrist-- and I let her hold on - reassuring her
everything will be all right. I often go through this scenario with
aggressive scared ferrets to let them know I will not lash out and
punish them when they are scared. Her cage a 3 story New Englander
condo 24x24x54, is all set up with food, water hammies, a round bed
from Sandy Gammage and a Modern Ferret Cube to hide in. Austin checked
it out and she will later for sure.

Presently she is chattering with glee and when she gets excited she
hops and all but falls over - but we will get her into good shape with
good food and plenty of exercise before she is vaccinated.

A BIG thanks to Jeff C for sending along $ which was used to put gas
in the vehicle for transportation.

I had 2 days worth of unexpected front end work done to the vehicle
including A/C repair and major front end work-- so I will be offering
a silent auction of some highly prized personal ferret theme items to
help pay the transportation fund costs.

Please stay tuned..

I will be offering some very treasured personal items including: a
sterling silver ACME ferret pendant & chain , a signed artist proof of
Clara Rodrigues "Cornucopia of Ferrets" a wonderful 16 x 20 print which
has been professionally framed in solid oak & doubled matted and a pet
ferret rock. with a gorgeous black sable ferret on it...

These are very sentimental and personal treasures so I hope that folks
will be receptive!

Off to play with Wednesday!

Alicia , a shelter Mom at
www.ferretwise.org