Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2012 14:11:24 -0400
Hello!

I feed my senior poodle just a bit of duck soup to prime the pump
when he won't eat. The Duck Soup I make is very high in protein and
fat which can be very hard on a senior dogs renal system and
gastrointestinal system, so I mix it into white rice. I first put some
on a spoon back and he starts licking it. Then I put a touch of the
rice duck soup on the spoon and give that to him. Then he will eat
some on his own, only about a 1/2 a cup of the mixture, but I will
offer this to him often through the day and he will eat a bit more.

I feed this to my 17 yr old poodle Duncan. He is a delicate boned dog,
that has always been lean, so there is no room for him to lose weight.
If he smells the duck soup getting warm for the ferrets he wants some.
I always let him and his younger bratty sister lick the spoon.

Here it is for what it is worth. I am just saying I have done this and
it gets my little old man interested in eating.

Take care!
Michaelann