From:
Eric Lucas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 21:16:29 -0500
Dear Fellow Ferreteers,

Don't know if anyone else has discovered this, but Life cereal has now
supplanted bananas as my fuzzies' favorite treat.  (Am I allowed to
advertise brand names on this list?) On a whim the other morning, as I was
lounging on the couch over my bowl of cereal and the Sunday funnies, I
offered both Murphy and Boo-Boo a piece of Life.  Wow!  Usually they both
approach new food with trepidation.  (It even took them a while to learn
just exactly how yummy bananas were the first time.) However, both literally
snatched the crunchy morsels from my hand and ran off to greedily devour
their new find, all the while "dooking" around their mouthfuls.  (Never was
successful in getting them not to talk with their mouths full!) Then, for
the whole rest of the morning, neither would leave me alone!  Boo-Boo kept
crawling up on my lap and trying to grab pieces out of my bowl.  After a few
pieces each, I decided it best to turn them away, as much as both they and I
wanted to continue the treats.  The cereal was dry when I first gave it to
them, so it wasn't just the milk (although they seemed to enjoy it either
way.) I suppose it must be just the right balance between slightly sweet and
nicely crunchy.  In any case, they sure knew what they wanted!  I haven't
experimented further with other breakfast cereals, but I suspect there are a
lot of good ones.

Anyone know of any hazards to giving them a couple of pieces of this ferret
version of Nirvana once in a while?  Aside from the fact that a lot of fiber
is probably bad for them, and a lot of sugar is probably bad for my nerves,
I can't think of any potential harm, in moderation.  But I would like to
hear from you experts out there in FML-land.

       Happy ferreting,
            Eric Lucas