Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 11:45:04 EDT
So much negativity lately.  If you don't like ferrets or certain people
maybe you could discuss your differences with them directly.  I have
children and ferrets and I adore them all.  I grieve for ferrets I lost
years ago.  That is what love is about.  I grieve for my husband who died
over 20 years ago.  It is such a blessing to have a list where you can go
air your pain and sorrow and others will understand and send you love.
Here we can even share things and ask advice or just say hello to our
friends.  This list is for everyone in good times and in bad.

In losing a pet that we have loved so dearly, we learn the deeper meaning
of compassion.  It is sad to read some of these stories, they sometimes
make me cry.  But I am grateful that I am able to feel these emotions and
share the love and compassion with others as they are sharing with me.

As for Kim (Something Up My Sleeve) I know her and she takes excellent
care of her babies.  She even took her roommates kitten to the vet and
paid over $100 of her own money and not only was not repaid, but the
roommate rejected the kitten with a vet bill.  She kept the bill and the
kitten without complaint.  She will buy food and pay vet bills before she
buys her own food.

It can be easy for some people to put blame on others rather than accept
the logical fact that animals do get sick.  Just be responsible and take
you pet to the vet.  That should be your first concern.  Then go home and
play with your baby and appreciate him/her while you can, they have short
enough lifespans, and go on with your life.

Deva