From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 12:07:54 -0500
There are so very many things that the FML has done for us that when I
thought about the FML request that people post what benefits they have had,
I had to pick Steve's brain and also think long and hard about narrowing
the list.  Think I have it down to four:

1. We appreciate it for its part in the development of a rabies vaccine
for ferrets and changes in the Compendium of Animal Rabies Control.  These
greatly help any ferrets, including our's, and I can actually somewhat
recall some of the early things leading to the final conclusion.  Judi
Bell, Roxanne Zoubek and a few others whose names sadly escape me right
now -- but who were ESSENTIAL throughout -- were right here on the FML and
got the ball rolling, then worked their tails off.

2. We appreciate it for the speeding of progress in veterinary medicine in
relation to ferrets.  Ferret medical care was in the stone age just so very
recently.  The Internet, including the FML right from its start at least a
dozen years ago, has speeded up the process of information transfer and of
gathering of donations to have the research which has saved so many lives.

2. We appreciate it because it means that we have had multiple vet
contacts for consultations when those were essential for saving ferrets.

3. We appreciate it for the marvelous, marvelous friends to be found here.
(Mostly I do because Steve rarely has time to be on list.)