From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:44:21 -0400
Pretty Bird International was at the 2003 International Ferret Symposium
discussing their new ferret food.  There was a lot of interest in this
food because of the high protein/low carbohydrate composition.

The guaranteed analysis is 50% protein, 19% fat, 3% fiber.  The main
ingredients are: Chicken Meal, Soybean Oil, Potato Starch, Poultry Fat,
Alfalfa meal, Oat Fiber.  The food is high in nucleotides, the building
blocks for DNA.

They are going to have the food available for sale direct from them
tomorrow (today!).  Call 1-800-356-5020 for info.  They will also be at
the Chicago show selling it.

They are looking into distribution channels, but nothing finalized yet.

WARNING!  Though this looks to be a very good food, it has an unusual
odor, and many ferrets may not relish it.  My don't, but I am grinding it
up and mixing it with their regular food so they get used to the flavor.
Also, this is not an endorsement, just for everyone's info!

Their web site is <http://www.prettybird.com/> but they don't have
anything about the ferret food there yet.

Linda Iroff