From:
Urban Fredriksson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 1994 12:04:45 -0500
Winter returned to Stockholm, the last weeks we've had down to
-20 degC (0 degF). Surprisingly, we can be out longer then, than
when it's around freezing, presumably because the feet get cold
faster when it's wet. This week it's been around -10 degC, so
we're out 15-30 min at a time. We've gotten more daylight too:
Now the Sun's up between 8 and 16 so they sleep a lot less (I
guess this is less of a problem for all of you living further
from the North Pole).

Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]> writes:

[begin PG]
>Ferret play includes mock combat, but
>ferrets have tough skin, so when they first begin to play with
you
>they won't know yours is any different from their littermates'.

In my experience, this is not so. They seem to have very
sensitive skin and actually are careful playing with each other.
It may look violent, but they don't press down hard. Certainly
they know the difference between me and others, that's why they
test how hard they bite. What they have to be taught is that you
have to be careful with all humans.
--
 Urban Fredriksson  [log in to unmask]