From:
Leigh Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 00:04:50 EDT
I simply cannot beleive that ferrets have been made illegal in NYC.  My
sincere sympathy goes to all the ferrets and people that this insane law
will affect.  It dismays me so much that ferrets have the reputation that
they do.  I told a woman I work with the other day that I had 4 ferrets and
she said in a matter of fact, no room for debate tone, " You know those
things will eat a baby's arm".  No less, she informed me that her brother
knew someone who knew of a ferret eating a baby's arm.  "Swallowed it
whole," she said.  Whatever.

I do have a question, however... Is there any talk by the 'powers that be'
in New York STATE of banning ferrets statewide.  We just moved here and
I'll be damned if anyone's going to take my babies away.  If there's any
way I can help, someone please let me know.

Thanks,
Leigh