From:
Pamela K Barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 1995 13:45:44 -0700
One of our ferrets is having difficulties that we think may be insulinoma.
He goes in for blood tests tomorrow (actually this is the second time, the
first time the lab screwed up).  Questions:  I have heard that seizures
are common in this disease.  What exactly happens when they have seizures?
Ernie gets spittle at his mouth and runs around (not crazy-like though)
and if it's particularly bad then he will claw at his mouth.  During his
running around he somwtimes will stop and lay down as if exhausted.  2)
Dr. Williams and perhaps others have mentioned surgery and (?) medication.
What is the medication or is surgery by itself suitable?  3) has anyone
had luck controlling it (while waiting for diagnosis and/or surgery) with
things like brewers yeast (for chromium content)?  Lastly (please answer
this one direct to me instead of through FML), has anyone had any luck
with using homeopathy (in any case not just insulinoma)?

We were trying to wait till the end of the month (till a student loan
comes in) to get the blood work done but Ernie is having these episodes
every day now and we're pretty worried.  Oops, another question - I just
moved and was wondering if the stress of being in a new place could be
casuing more of his episodes to come on.

Pamela K. Barber
Flagstaff, AZ