From:
Todd & Andi Lockhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 1995 13:57:55 -0400
Hi!

It's been a while since I last posted - everything has been going great
(with the exception of the CBS incident). I am about to have a very large
problem, though.

First, let me explain the situation. While visiting a pet store near my
parents, my husband and I saw a beautiful white female. The owners were
reluctant to let us touch her, because she bites. We've heard that before,
& it wasn't true so we convinced them that we knew ferrets and don't mind a
nip or two. The pretty beast drew lots of blood. Turns out she's over a
year old, never been allowed to run around (the store isn't ferret proof)
and never been handled because of this biting problem.

They don't want to sell her to just anyone - for obvious reasons. Now, I'm
not willing to spend $100 for a mean critter but it sounds like they
*might* cut the price in half for us. While I don't feel like purchasing
her, I just keep feeling sorry for her and worrying about the public (I
recently read something about certain groups trying to de-legalize ferrets
in NJ...just think what this terror could do to aid this cause!).

So - I'm looking for advice on how to handle/discipline her. I've already
pretty much decided against gloves, so can anyone with experience with this
type of animal give me any tips before I am permanently scarred?!? What is
the best way for us to deal with her?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Andi (& the silly 7+1)

I hope everyone has been busy writing CBS's sponcers!!