From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2008 21:13:46 -0500
It was a lovely day at de Bridge and SaraFerret was busy cleaning de
cottage. De kits were outside playing and she was picking up all dere
toys and putting dem away. All of a sudden she heard a knock at de
door. She opened it and in flew Mimi, de little girl courier, with a
note in her paw. "SaraFerret, there is a ferret crossing the bridge and
this note tells you all about her. Will you be needing me for
anything?' SaraFerret read de note quickly and got herself together and
sent Mimi to get de fuzzies and she headed for de entrance.

I was just in time to see an elderly naked fuzzy girl making her way
across de bridge. Den I noticed dat I still had a plush toy butterfly
in my paw from cleaning de house--what could I do now, no place to hide
it. So as de little girl came to de entrance:

I introduced myself. "Hi, I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter.
Welcome to de Rainbow Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you
will have no more pain or suffering and you will run on green grass
forever. Oh yes, here is a toy as a welcoming gift."

She reached out for de toy and smiled. "Thank you SaraFerret. I
couldn't bring anything with me. I didn't really have any place to put
a backpack. But my Mommy says something about me being okay once I got
to the bridge and I still don't feel too good and I still am naked."

"Oh that!" I replied. POOF! And all of a sudden! She had a new white
fur coat with a nice tail. She looked down at herself and all of a
sudden, she started running around and broke into a song: "Annie's got
a brand new coat; Annie's got a brand new coat; and she feels great!"
(I thought to myself: now this is a first--a fuzzy that sings and
dances over a new coat).

But then after she calmed down a bit, she said, "My name is Annie and I
belong to Mommy Sue. She was so good to me and I stayed with her for a
looong time, but then it was my time to leave her when I got sick. Do
you know Mommy? Mommy said that I would have a lot of friends here. I
don't see anyone but you here. Do you think that Mommy was just trying
to make me feel better and just told me that?"

I replied, "Annie, I greeted some of your Mommy's fuzzies a long time
ago, but not recently, so no, your Mommy was not telling you stories.
You will see some of your friends later on and I have another surprise
for you in a bit. Oh yes, did you notice my wings?"

Annie said, "Are those the funny looking things on your shoulders? What
are those things for?"

"Why, for flying about de clouds. Wouldn't it be hard to hop from cloud
to cloud?" I answered.

She looked up and reckoned it would be hard. So den I told her dat she
would get a pair of dem.

So off we went down de path to de Wing House where de wings were
stored. We opened de door and on de counter was a big box (of course).
Annie opened de box and took out de wings--blue with pink streaks--
perfect for a little fuzzy who had been sick so long. I helped her on
with her wings and adjusted her halo. Den she ran to de big vanity
mirror and gazed at her reflection and saw for de first time what a
beautiful fuzzy she was. Den she turned to me and said, "Gee I wish
Mommy could see me now." Den I gots an idea. So I handed her back her
plush butterfly and we went out de door.

To her surprise dere was Chance, her old friend. REUNION! She wasn"t
alone here. We headed down de road to de Misting Pond and sat down
beside de cool clear water. And with one swish we saw a vision of her
Mommy Sue appear. Well she started cheering and waving and dooking
with all of her might. "Mommy, I love you so much. Thanks so much for
holding me while I passed thru to the bridge in the night. Thank you
for loving me. I had such a good life. But look at me, I have a new
white coat and I feel so good, in fact I feel great. I even got a plush
flutter-by to play with cause I didn't gets to take any of my toys with
me." Den both of dem started throwing hugs, kisses and promises to
visit and wrapped dem with dere love and laid dem on a nearby shooting
star which was headed to your house and by de time you should read dis
it should have landed dere. And with another swish de vision was gone.

So we left dere and started down another path and were met by a group
of fuzzies carrying a sign, "Welcome Annie." "How did they know I was
coming?: Annie asked. "Oh we has our ways." I replied. Den all of us
trotted on down de path to de clearing where a picnic was laid and
music was playing. Annie's eyes got wide with surprise. Dere was all
sorts of food like squirt cheese and crackers and chocolate ice cream
and sweet iced tea and cold pepsis and all dose things dat she had
never been allowed to have on earth. Everyone sat down to enjoy de
feast: I was invited to stay, but I had a cottage to finish cleaning,
so I said my goodbyes.

As I headed for home, I kept thinking to myself, "Gee I wish SaraFerret
would get a brand-new coat, but oh well, one of these days, maybe,
maybe."

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter