From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 2013 14:58:16 -0400
Through the years I've seen many ferrets leave our realm. Each time my
heart is shattered, I tell myself this isn't about me it is about them.
They needed me and I was there for them, no matter how long or short
the time. Many of the Rainbow Exotic ferrets that came to me have
passed, a few remain that are now 7 and 8 years old and I see them
slowing or disease settling in and I know the outcome. But I was here
for them and it is about them, not about how many times my heart is
shattered. Each time I read or hear of someone not wanting more ferrets
because of the pain of loss, it hurts my heart, because there are so
many ferrets in shelters waiting for that special loving home of their
own. I understand the pain, more than some will ever know - I've seen
many ailments that caused their beautiful spirits and bodies to dwindle
till it was time to have our vet help them leave, I've faced tearful
nights of lovingly cuddling a dying little one, and I will continue to
help others because it would hurt more to not help another when I can,
to know they sit in a shelter waiting, or not knowing what will happen
to a craigslist ferret that is old and sickly.... I do it because it
isn't about me, it is about loving a ferret.

Warm hugs to all. tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org