From:
Ron Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 11:09:33 -0500
>Tuesday night my husband and I watched her throw up for 10 minutes
>straight.  She was constantly grinding her teeth.  Friday morning her
>Daddy went to kiss her good-bye and she winced in pain.  It was then that
>I made the mistake of reading the FML.  That afternoon after coming back
>from the vets for fluids and Reglan I sat there and watched her in a
>matter of 30 minutes go back and forth to the litter box 15 times.  It
>was then that I made the decision to cross her over.

Lisa,

Please don't let anything you read by someone as biased as whoever wrote
the post you are replying to.

You did what was best for your baby, that is commendable.  In the same
situation I would do the exact same thing.  I have done the same thing.  I
have even done it sooner than others because I was aware of the chances of
a tumor rupturing and him bleeding to death before my and my families eyes.

My first ferret to die was named Loki.  I wish that I had helped him cross
over, instead of torturing him with daily sub-q fluids, giving him meds
that he absolutely hated, and not getting any better.

By far I would rather wonder did I do it to soon, than to have to live
with knowing that I let it go too far.

Warm and gentle hugs,

Fuzzie Dad & The Blurry Furry's
Rascal,Treble,Cocoa,Moose,Screech,
Hanna,Casey,Havoc,Dodger,Rainbow,
Squeeky,Midge,Taffy,& Blizzard
Never forgetting Loki,Spaz,Sampson,& Charlotte
http://www.geocities.com/fuzziedad