From:
Ashley Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 10:38:06 -0500
Romsca died Friday morning at 8:30.  She went reasonably peacefully and
even ate a few bites of oatmeal this morning.  I always said I wanted to
stuff her if she died, but now I'm not so sure.  I definitely don't want
my Rossie stuck in the cold ground being eaten by bugs.  I really don't
want a taxidermist to cut my baby open and take out her organs.  I was
wondering about using some kind of preservative and keeping her in a
metal box or something in the basement.  I know that his body is only a
shell, but it feels sooo wrong to let him lay and rot in the cold ground.
Have any you used any preservatives to keep your baby from rotting or
anything like this?

Also, I heard about two ferrets in shelters around the area.  I feel like
Rossie dying when they're in need of home is a sign that should take
them.  I would really hate to feel like I'm replacing her.  I'm concerned
about how my remaining baby, Rosie, would act towards another ferret.
We bought Rossie and Rosie together from the same petshop three and a
half years ago.  They've only been apart for about a week when Rossie got
outside.  I don't want Rosie to feel alone either.  If I decide to rescue
a shelter baby, I would want to introduce Rosie to it before we took the
ferret home, just to make sure Rosie would not act aggressive towards it.
Also, I'm hoping it's around Rosie's age that way neither one will live
to long without another ferret.  I'm not sure what to do.... Rossie needs
to be preserved and two ferrets might still be waiting in a shelter, not
sure exactly which one, need to muster up the courage to call the
shelters and taxidermists or maybe vet.  If any of you have done this
with your ferret, I wouldn't mind your suggestions.

Brokenhearted although I know Rossie is in a better place,
Ashley