From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 12:38:53 -0400
Hi Barret.  My name is Mikette, I'm a first ferret too (-:  When I was a
year old my Mommy got a second kit.  I loved that little baby right from
the start!  Then 6 months later we got a third ferret, Jillie, from a
shelter.  I don't know what my Mommy had been thinking.  I was NOT happy!

I had to tell this new ferret (who was big like me) that I was the boss.
I bit her on the neck all the time to remind her. I was making Jillie sad
(sorry Jillie) and Mommy upset. But I couldn't help it. I really hated her
smell too, she smelled so different from being at the shelter.

Mommy would switch our bedding a lot to get our scents familiar and mixed
up.  But I still didn't like that stinky Jillie.  Sometimes Mom would put
ferret deoderant on Jillie and I to help us smell the same.  That helped
but only for a little while at a time.  Mommy learned to clean Jillie's
ears well, cause thats where a lot of her different stink was coming
from.  Finally she tricked me and put ferretone on her neck.  Boy was I
conflicted.  I didn't know whether to bite her or kiss her.  That really
worked.  I'll do a lot of things for that yummy ferretone.  Now me and
Jillie is great buddies!  That was almost a year ago, (hey our anniversary
is coming up!) and we've been snuggling ever since.

Good luck with your little pal there.