Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 02:36:06 -0700
Hey Jacquie!

Those 'Bug Station' bypass routes into California, have been published
for years....

In fact, here is the website that gives instructions and maps on how to
avoid the checkpoints:

http://www.ferretsanon.com/FerretInfo/avoidcheckpoints.htm

However, it is all moot.  Since the California fiscal year started last
year, the agricultural stations have not been manned, due to budgetary
constraints.  The only activity I have seen is in the Donner/Truckee
station on I-80 and that was only the California Highway Patrol officers,
having coffee.

The 395 North, Beckworth station, and the 395 South, Walker stations,
are both boarded up.  I-5 South from Oregon at Hornbrook, is closed,
as is the Highway 139 station near Lava Beds National Monument.  I
guarantee all the smaller access point stations are closed.

MC, The Rude One
With Bancho, Artemus, Squeekers, Abraham, and Rudy.  In Spirit, Bubba,
Billy-Bob, Garret, Snorkle, and Tuzigoot.