From:
"Viki S. Rollins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 11:44:14 -0600
In our last episode, Jim March pointed out:

>First off, all of us Califerters know almost by heart the whole bit in the
>F&G Code about "no members of order carnivoria except domestic cats and
>domestic dogs are legal" etcetera.  He consistently claims that all of that
>was written by the *Legislature*; he points to nearby areas in the Code
>where mustelids seem rationed out for extra-tough language, and he points
>out that "the Legislature" specifically named lots of domestic critters but
>not *our* domestic critter.

Just curious, but I seem to recall that there are a couple of zoos and and
supposed wildlife sanctuary expert types in the California area who keep
insisting that their ferrets subsist on a diet of fruit and vegetables, not
meat.  I know mine would happily attack bananas and raisins...not that I'm
foolish enough to try to make them live on such a diet.

Now *WE* know ferrets as the carnivores they are (with the exception of the
occasional hapless melon ball that may wander too near FLO headquarters in
my home).  However, considering the mass confusion and misinformation
floating about California, perhaps we could take advantage??

Just a thought.

One quick update, too: My Kansas rescue, Cody, is coming along quite well.
We still have a few incidents where he gets a little too excited and nips
too hard, but we're working on that.  Cody ADORES Dustin.  That's all that
really matters anyway!

Thanks to Troy Lynn, Joe, and all the rest who made this possible!  And to
Vicky and Rick, I wish you the best with the great white wonder, as I liked
to call him.  Give him a few days...he'll come around, then just TRY to stop
him [insert evil grin here].  To Bryan...good luck with your new cuddler and
welcome back.

My piece is said.  Lurk mode reinstated!

Viki S. Rollins
Manager - Network Services
Ferret Owner